OK on to the questions!
1. My biggest challenge this week was probably not being able to be there for Kaitlyn and Kendra to help them get ready for prom! That was one of the things I was most excited to experience as the older sister! However, the blessing of being out here in the mission is priceless! I wouldn't change it for the world! I'm just grateful they still have one more year left of high school!
2. My biggest concern this week was the fact that we have been without running water for a few weeks now. Here in Jaen its rainy season and when it rains, the pipes get flooded with dirty water so they have to cut the water supply to clean it out. We only get water for an hour or two randomly. When we do have water, we take advantage of the time, shower, fill up some buckets so we can flush the toilet and wash our hands, and clean around the room a bit. But it's really difficult as a missionary with our strict schedule. It's one of those times here where the leaders of the church are really pushing food storage. Because of the rain, there are also times where transportation can't get in or out of Jaen so the price of everything has gone up. It's not super bad but it's one of those faith building times in life for sure.
3. My biggest success...
COMPLETING 1 YEAR IN THE MISSION!!!
4. My favorite person this week was Lucia. She is a 16 year old girl who is like the smartest person I have ever met!!!! She has sooo much knowledge about religion and she understands everything we teach her the first time we teach it! Hopefully we will be able to get her and her family to baptism and on to life eternal!
5. My most significant tender mercy this week was definitely when I got a letter from Hna Rochette! She told me that the Suares family (Diego and Luz) finally got baptized!!! When I read that my my heart grew and I had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders! They are the couple of investigators who had been listening to missionaries for around 10 years and we found them again (Hna Meneses and I) and we were working super hard on them! She said that they are the strongest recent converts in the ward right now! Sooo happy!! I'm so grateful that I was a part of them getting the blessings of the gospel!
6. Something I am looking forward to for this next week is teaching all of the cool new people we have found! Because of our new contact goal, we have been finding soo many new investigators! They will all be really fun to teach!
7. A goal I have set for this next week... well we have kind of been slacking on inviting people to baptism lately and that's one of the most important things we can do as missionaries. We have lots of new people right now and now we need to get them to baptism. They wont change if we don't invite them!
8. Scripture of the week!
The story about the stripling warriors is one of my favorite Book of Mormon stories! They were so valiant in defending their liberty and their country with dignity! They remembered what their mothers had taught them and they never doubted the Lord!
They are examples to follow!!!
Well I'm out of time for this week! I hope you all have an amazing week and know that you are all in my prayers!!! I love you all soooo much!!!
|1 year for these Hermanas!|