Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Trujillo Temple dedication

Familia!

This week was all over the place!  Like always, there were some really up times and some really down times but all in all, I'm doing fine here! 

Question/Answer time!

1.  My biggest challenge this week was probably my companionship.  I love Hna Gonzalez and I learn so much from her everyday, but it's always hard to get used to someone new!  The way she thinks is a lot different, and her customs kind of crash into mine at times.  I try my best to be patient and get used to it and hopefully, sooner rather than later, everything will just be tranquillo.

2.  My biggest concern this week was definitely one of the sisters in our zone.  She has really bad migraines and of course as sister leaders, we have to help her and be worried about getting her feeling better.  It's a lot harder to keep your area progressing when you have 6 girls to worry about on top of that.  

3.  I'm gonna change this one up.  Instead of biggest success, I'm going to tell you all about the dedication of the Trujillo Temple.  Oh my!   It was so amazing to be able to be here in Peru to witness this amazing blessing come to pass. 
Saturday night we were given permission to watch the cultural event and wow, that was cool! To see all of the different dances and clothes!  I'm so grateful to be in a country with such cool history!  
Then yesterday, we went to all three sessions of the dedications.  Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar were there along with the Area 70 Presidency of the South American Northwest area.  They spoke and wow, I am so excited to get started on our family history work!  All they talked about was the importance of that.  I have ancestors waiting for me on the other side of the veil to do their work for them!  I will do it!  

4.  My favorite person....well my favorite familia is the Martinez family!  They consist of Rosa (mom) Jose (dad) and Ingrid (daughter).  They have more kids but they are all grown and live with their own families.  Ingrid is 19 and she goes to visit with us!  They are a recently rescued family and we just finished the lessons with Jose.  They are sealed and when Ingrid was 11, they stopped going to church.  When my companion and her last companion found them, they were very nice but needed a lot of work.  They have come a long way and now are some of the strongest members I know here in Peru.  They have a daughter in Clifford UT and always go to visit her.  We have made plans to meet up and go to the temple, ride horses, and just hang out when they go!  Rosa will be there when I get home and Ingrid will be going next July!  I have been so blessed to find amazing friends here and I know that these relationships will last into the eternities.

5.  My most significant tender mercy was when I found out that a couple from my ward in La Victoria moved into my ward here in Villareal!  I was so happy to see them!  The Lord really knows us and blesses us in so many ways!

6.  Something I'm looking forward to for this week is our companionship exchange on Wednesday.  I will be with Hna Pilling here in my area and I'm nervous!  I will have to report it all to President next Monday and use my "experience" to help her in any way.  I'm nervous but I know everything will be okay!  

7.  My goal for next week is to study about diligence! I need it!  Sometimes I get those lazy moments and I can't afford that with just a little over 3 months left!  I need to get my booty in gear! 

8.  Scripture:  Elder Bednar shared this part of D&C with us in the dedication.  It really hit me!
D&C 124:31-36 
31 But I command you, all ye my saints, to build a house unto me; and I grant unto you a sufficient time to build a house unto me; and during this time your baptisms shall be acceptable unto me.
32 But behold, at the end of this appointment your baptisms for your dead shall not be acceptable unto me; and if you do not these things at the end of the appointment ye shall be rejected as a church, with your dead, saith the Lord your God.
33 For verily I say unto you, that after you have had sufficient time to build a house to me, wherein the ordinance of baptizing for the dead belongeth, and for which the same was instituted from before the foundation of the world, your baptisms for your dead cannot be acceptable unto me;
34 For therein are the keys of the holy priesthood ordained, that you may receive honor and glory.
35 And after this time, your baptisms for the dead, by those who are scattered abroad, are not acceptable unto me, saith the Lord.
36 For it is ordained that in Zion, and in her stakes, and in Jerusalem, those places which I have appointed for refuge, shall be the places for your baptisms for your dead.

This work that I am doing right now is sooo important but the work for our dead is so important too! Notice that in the verses it says, "your dead" many times.  It doesn't say the dead but your dead.  We need to remember where we come from and give our ancestors a chance at salvation.  They're waiting for us! 






No comments:

Post a Comment