Monday, December 1, 2014

District Prayers

¡Hola! ¿Que tal todos? ¿Como les fue en su semana? Mine was pretty good! Not much happened but what did happen was very exciting! We have been praying as a district at 8:00 every morning (in our own rooms of course) and we have been seeing the miracles come from it lately! 

So a family that we have been working with for a very long time finally said yes to a baptismal date! Diego and Luz are their names and they have sooo much time listening to the missionaries! Like 8 years off and on now! Last week we were just wanting to tell them that we cant teach them anymore cuz they weren't progressing and we needed to focus on others who are. We went on Thursday and we were telling ourselves that that lesson was the do or die lesson. So when we got in there, We went straight to El Libro de Mormon! In Alma 34:30-34 which says 

30 And now, my brethren, I would that, after ye have received so many witnesses, seeing that the holy scriptures testify of these things, ye come forth and bring fruit unto repentance.
 31 Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you.
 32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
 33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.
 34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world.

We invited them once again to baptism and they both said that they know they need to. We gave them a date and they accepted! We are planning on the 3rd of January!  

Another cool thing that happened this week is that one of the sisters that we are working on to come back to the church now has a calling! Estefani Estefani is 23 and she was baptized 11 years ago. She doesnt remember a lot from the church almost nothing but we have been working really hard with her and she is now one of the newest ward missionaries in our ward! She is very excited about it and she is ready to work with us! 

To see these tender mercies of the Lord makes my faith and testimony grow so much! Im so grateful for this time I have to be in this area! 

So we didnt do a thing for thanksgiving this year... I actually completely forgot until that night when we were back in the room planning for the next day! So yeah that was great haha I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving and enjoyed the food for me! I can't wait to be back home to enjoy it with you all! I love you alll sooo much and I hope you have an amazing week! 
                                  Con mucho amor, Hermana Favero


Hermana Favero's email to her mom from last week (November 24)

So hermana Rochette was very upset about the way you started your last email. She thought that she was your favoritest missionary in the whole world haha :P 

I really hope things start looking up in YW! but what you and daddy said to Kendra is completely right. Right now, their job is to go to church and to mutual and be examples to the Beehives. They will get so much more out of it if they do. 

 I would love it if Bishop Dalton could just walk into our sacrament meeting! I'm not sure if I would be able to resist hugging him tho! haha 

Teaching with Jenna would be the best thing in the world!!! I can't wait to be able to do that. 

So this week I video taped some things I wanted to send but it's all too big to send. I'm really upset about it!!! Oh well! You'll all just have to wait to see them when I get home! I cant believe how fast time is going!! Before I know it I'll only have nine months left!!!! I realized that three days before my birthday I will be half way done with my mission! To think about that is bitter sweet! Sorry I don't have much to tell you about this week but the life here isn't really exciting haha I'll try to search for more crazy things to tell you all about. I love you soooo much mommy! I hope you are doing well and just remember that you are so special in the eyes of our Heavenly Father!!!! 


Hermana Favero and Hermana Rochette with the zone leaders and a ward missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment