Monday, June 2, 2014

Baptisms and Blisters


Familia!

 First of all, I want to say that I'm so sorry about Alax! When I read about him I broke down! We have lost way too many young people in our small town.

Second, I'm so proud of you Mommy! Your new calling is perfect for you! Enjoy it and remember to thank our Heavenly Father for the opportunity every day! 

Third, I'm so glad that we decided to do a blog! It's so cool that so many people are able to see it! I'll try to send exciting stuff so you can put them up!

Fourth, I can't believe you're moving into my room! I really am fine with it, its just weird to think about it not being my room anymore! Wow! A lot will be different when I get home! 

Last but not least...my friends...I will try to email them every week but one hour goes by really fast and I also have to write Pres. Risso. So please watch over them. Invite them over once in a while for activities over the summer. I know that that will help. 

Now, for my week...
 Wow this week went by fast! We had two baptisms! One was for 11 year old Evelin and the other for 56 year old Hubert. Evelin's was so great! Her mom isn't a member but she came and she cried as her daughter walked into the font! Hubert's was crazy! We had everything ready in the chapel and we started the water about one hour early. When it came time to start, there was only about 5 inches in the font! We all started to panic a little bit. Then the Elders got an idea. We all piled into a small van and headed to a nearby river. Yep! my second baptism was in a river! Super windy and dusty, but the spirit was so strong! 
  
Goodness! I love this work! Its the hardest thing in the whole world for me but I know that Heavenly Father will always help me through it! I know that our Savior lives and that he is always there with his hand outstreched for us. All we need to do is take it. I love you all so much! I hope you have an amazing week!!!! 
                                        Con amor! Hermana Favero  

Daddy!
 El campo de misional es asombroso! Yo quero ayudar todas las personas aqui en Chiclayo! Yo tengo muchas amor para cada uno aqui! Gracias por tu ejemplo!
   
This past week was very difficult! The language barrier is hitting me hard. I get really frustrated at myself and even though I don't say it out loud, sometimes I think about just quitting. BUT then your stories come to mind and I know that I can get though it. So thank you for telling all of your mission stories to us throughout the years! 
  
Ok so I have a request. Its kind of corny but I don't care. The day before I left, you told me to remember that we look into the same sky. well... At 7.00 every night, I want you and whoever else that wants to, to go outside and look up at the sky and think of me. I'll do it too so I will know that we are looking up together. 
  
 Thank you so much for everything you do and for being such an amazing father! I love you so much and I hope you have an amazing week! 
                                          Con Amor, Hermana Favero










Evelin's baptism

Hubert's baptism


river where Hubert was baptized


She shouldn't send pictures like this to her mother haha

Peruvian ice cream




No comments:

Post a Comment